My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I heart my Golden Spark!

I am so proud of Kaci! She worked very hard last year to earn the title of "Company Leader" for the Golden Sparks dance team for the 2015-2016 school year.


They practice 3-4 times a week (both before and after school) for a total of about 12-15 hours a week. It is like a part time job! They perform Tuesday nights at all of the 7th and 8th grade home games and will perform during basketball season as well. Kaci is getting excited about their upcoming per-rally performance as well. The mixture of dance and diabetes has been a challenge this year. More often than not- all of the excercise is causing MAJOR spikes in her blood sugar. I am having difficulty with it. Fortunately, Kaci has learned to "roll with it" and deal with moments and take things one day at a time. I am trying to learn from her. I know that diabetes is a moving target....I just sometimes forget.

Here are a few pics I took at last nights game. 


I "HEART" My Golden Spark!

No comments: