My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Thursday, August 20, 2009

"When I get where I'm going...there will be only happy tears" Brad Paisley

Bailey and C.J


Look how big B.J is!

He has a NEMO shell


Bailey has really enjoyed his new pet hermit crab, C.J.

We have fed him many different items off of his food list including: hermit crab food, grapes, carrots and even crackers.
Tonight we were going to treat him to some dogfood- but when we arrived at his cage we noticed that two of his legs were missing. Then- to our horror, when we picked him up- yet another of his legs fell off. So, needless to say- C.J. is no longer with us. We read on the internet that sometimes the trauma of leaving the ocean and being shipped or traveling to their new home can cause this to happen.

Bailey was very upset - C.J. was the best pet he had EVER had. Bailey wanted to bury him in the flower bed- so we found the perfect tiny silver box for him to rest in and Bailey wrote R.I.P C.J on the top. Clint played "When I Get Where I Am Going" by Brad Paisley as we laid him to rest.
Bailey also made a small headstone for him as well. It reads " R.I.P sad C.J"

Today we went and got a new hermit crab at PetSmart. His name is B.J. and he has a 14 day guarantee. I hope we don't have to use it. He is HUGE!! Wish us luck!

No comments: