My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Sunday, April 10, 2011

We will be FREE / 12th Annual JDRF Hope Ball

Today Kaci and I spent a little part of our day volunteering our time and talent for the JDRF Austin Chapter at Painting With A Twist. So much fun and for such a great cause.

The 12th Annual Hope Ball is coming up in May. Each year they hold a silent auction to raise money to find a cure for Juvenile Diabetes. This year one of the items they will auction will be this large collection of butterfly canvas paintings all painted by children with Type 1 Diabetes. When attached all together it is expected to make a 8 by 6 wall painting.


I would give my right arm to win this at auction time. It is going to be BEAUTIFUL- and PRICELE$$~ I just can't wait to see it all together.


When we arrived, Kaci was able to choose the butterfly with the design that she liked best. Then she was set free to paint it however she wanted to. It got more and more beautiful with each color stroke she added.

First came the blue.... Then the pink came in next.... After she finished her first canvas- she was offered another one by Ms. Amy.
Just look how beautiful they turned out! I love this picture of my little artist.

So cute with the smock on all splattered in paint.


Here are some of the butterflies up close!


It is going to be BEAUTIFUL! Not sure if I will get to attend the Hope Ball or not- looking for a date to go with. If I do- I will certainly post a picture of the finished piece!

No comments: