My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

JDRF Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes!

I am back at it again!

We finished stuffing 5,000 Kids School Walk Folders as a family and now it is time for me to present at our local area schools. This year it will be a little bit harder to be as involved as I was last year- since I only have Friday off from work- but I am going to do my best to help out as much as I can. 

On Friday, I presented at Spicewood Elementary. Fun to go back to my old school- and boy how time has changed it. I presented 12 different times - each presentation being 25 minutes. Those poor PE teachers must have thought I sounded like a broken record. Bet they could have done the presentation by the time I was done that afternoon! LOL!

So excited that on Friday, October 19th I will be presenting at Kaci and Bailey's school. Should be lots of fun! I will make six 50 minute presentations this time. I will also have a little help from Kaci and Loren at the end of each one. They are the only Type 1 Diabetics at the school- and they are going to help me out!I can't wait. Going to be so much fun!

No comments: