My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Monday, October 26, 2015

This is my fight song!

"This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song.
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be stong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me!"

We are just 6 days from the walk! Thank you so much to everyone who has supported Kaci's fight to cure Type 1 Diabetes with a monetary donation or through the purchase of a team shirt!! Please wear them proudly throughout the month of October and November ( National Diabetes Awareness month)  

While the amount of money that we raise each year means so much to us.... There is another way that you can show us your support and love and it is ABSOLUTELY FREE!!  It is the MOST IMPORTANT way- Please mark your calendars and plan to JOIN us at the walk on Sunday, November 1st at the Tony Burger Center- 3200 Jones Road Austin, Texas 78745. Check in is 8:30 and the walk starts at 10.  The walk is absolutely FREE! Free food, drinks, music, bounce houses, carnival games, prizes,  and MORE!! 

This is our 7th year to participate- and while they are closer to a cure everyday- and continue to improve devices, monitoring and dealing with this disease...there is still NOT a CURE!!! However, the SUPPORT and LOVE we feel by those who CHOOSE to walk with us each year, blesses us on the day of the walk and throughout the entire year! 


 If you have not made it to one of Kaci's walks to support her--- please consider making it this year. Diabetes can often make those who are affected feel different and alone.... They must endure things that others don't often see or truly ever understand. This is Kaci's day to SHINE- and it would mean so much to have our biggest team yet!

We will never lose hope until a cure is found. 

"Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."- Elizabeth Stone

No comments: