My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Saturday, September 26, 2009

"You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today worryiing about tomorrow."

Kaci and Romy had tons of fun with dress up!

Look at those cute girls!

Angel and Minnie Mouse!

Bailey sleeping in the cool HEBuddy head and wristband that Jessica brought him~



We had a great weekend! So much fun! Our good friend, Romy will be turning 5 on Monday - so we had her and her family over on Saturday to watch the UT game, eat fajitas, play and celebrate her BIG day! The kids had such a good time; coloring, playing with Barbies, getting a game of baseball in with Clint and even playing dress up. I got some cute pics of Kaci and Romy in a few of their outfits. So sweet! Reese and Bailey had lots of fun together as well. I wish I had a picture of the 2 of them together, but I don't. When it was time for the Walkers to head home...Kaci and Romy both shed some tears....but we plan to get together soon and maybe even have a sleepover with Kaci's birthday getting closer and closer.


Sunday was a nice relaxing day. We started it off by trying out a new church and the kids really seemed to enjoy it. Bailey said it was "so much fun!" and he can't wait to go back next week. I was thrilled! We came home...rested, played on the computer, and Kaci and I made a trip to JoAnn's craft store. When we got home it was dinner time...look how cute these letter french fries were. Found them at Target a few weeks ago...they are gluten-free and really delicious! The kids loved that I had spelled out their names too! So cute! After dinner I watched Clint and the kids play a quick game of baseball in the backyard! Kaci and Bailey won!! After the boys went in- Kaci and I watered the plants and then gave Chelsea a quick bath...followed shortly by hers and Baileys. Everyone is sleeping peacefully now and we are ready to face the new week. Can't wait until next weekend. Both Uncle Chad and Brad will be in town and we hope to meet up with each of them at some point . To everyone...have a great weeek.

Oh...one more thing....we got this great catalogue in the mail today and as Kaci was flipping through it she said, "Hey Mommy! This is what you always tell me!" Then she proceeded to read the quote. It said, " You can't change yesterday but you can ruin today worrying about tomorrow!" I have never said it quite that well or in those words...but it brought tears to my eyes when she read it to me. I always tell her (more now than ever) that her and I both have to learn to live in the moment. To not worry about what might happen later or tomorrow...but to enjoy the NOW! It is nice to know she has been listening :)

No comments: