My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Monday, February 22, 2010

Thinking Day 2010-


We got to go to Thinking Day 2010 tonight with Kaci's Girl Scout troop. It was hosted by Kaci's school- so that was nice. The theme this year was "End World Poverty and Hunger" Kaci's troop represented the country of Russia. Mrs. June (one of the troop mom's) was in charge of this event and she did an AWESOME job! She lived in Russia for several years and really has a passion for the Russian people and their hardships!



We took this doll to be part of our table display. When I was younger, I had a pen pal from Russia - I guess through school. My memory is so bad I can't remember. But I do remember that she sent me this doll and my mom and dad have hung on to it all these years for me. Now it belongs to Kaci and she loves it too!

This is not the whole troop, but all the girls who attended this event-
Hannah, Rhyan, Kaci, Morgan, Jamie and Blayne!
These are the letters the girls made to send to some of the children in the Russian Orphanage. We will also include some stickers and Easter goodies in the package along with some "sweets" that they don't usually get to indulge in! They are going to have a write up in their paper about the girls and their troop. I sure wish I could get my hands on a copy of that - as they are going to include a picture of our girls in the paper as well!

Kaci finished off the night with a little jump rope! Look at her go!

During the hour event we walked around and visited the booths of lots of other countries. Kaci got her passport stamped by all of them and was also given a "swap" - which is a decorated pin, from each country! It was a well put on event. We can't wait for next year!


No comments: