My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Where a kid can be a kid!"

Yesterday was an early release day for the kids! We had planned to meet up with some friends at Chuck E Cheese. unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate. Our friends live a little more in the "hill country" than we do and they feared ice on the roads on their travels home should they head this far to meet us. The kids were really upset to hear that they could not come- but I figured it shouldn't stop us....and it didn't.
We headed on to see the Big Cheese anyway- and boy am I glad we did. It was so much fun- just the 3 of us. Kaci and Bailey had a great time and got along the whole time we were there. I don't think anyone fought the whole time! We shared a hamburger pizza and salad bar- floated out bodies in Coke Zero, played lots of games and got lots of tickets!
Chuck E has a nice nutritional information chart on their website and each piece of pizza is 24 carbs (of course Kaci grabbed the 3 biggest pieces) ha There count must be pretty darn good- because her blood sugar was perfect at bedtime and this morning! I love it! I told the kids this was my treat to them for Valentine's Day!
Clint bought them tickets to go and see Cirque De Soleil! I think they are going to LOVE that even more! - but we love Chuck E Cheese too! Stay posted for pictures of our trip to Allegria...coming soon!

No comments: