My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Thursday, November 10, 2011

“If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.” Walt Disney






It has been a rough couple of days for Bailey- well, really a rough week. He came down with a fever of 102 last Friday night that prevented him from going to the UT game with his PaPa, Dad and Aunt Amber on Saturday. He was fever free for most of the day (and not happy that he had to miss the game) - but fever spiked again to 102 on Saturday night. Feeling a little better on Sunday and well enough to go to school on Monday.


However, I got a call from the school nurse on Tuesday morning at 8:00 (school starts at 7:45) that Bailey had thrown up at school and was running a slight fever again! Thankfully-Papa was able to pick him up and keep him so that I could finish out my work day. I stayed home with him on Wednesday.


When he returned to school on Thursday- he was upset because he was behind on his school work. I assured him that he would catch up with everyone before long. He was most worried about being behind on his Living Museum project. Each second grader was asked to choose a famous person in history to research. On Friday the 18th- he will be part of a Living Museum, where parents and other students will be able to view them as "living statues" When their button is pushed- they will come to life telling you all about the person they are representing.



Well- long story short- Bailey choose to be Walt Disney-


After a rough week I decided it was time to do some shopping for his costume and hopefully cheer him up. Unfortunately- the first outfit I bought just made him frown more. So- when they went out with Clint tonight- I raced out to find something new! This outfit seemed to do the trick! Of course- we will add a moustache and some accessories for the *special day* but this was so cute I had to share! When he looked in the mirror and said, "Now that is Walt Disney!" I knew my job was done!

No comments: