My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The snail mail project!



World Diabetes Day is getting closer and closer- it will be here on November 14th~

A wonderful little lady named, Lee Ann Thill came up with the BEST idea EVER to help celebrate around the world! She came up with the "Snail Mail project" You can learn more about it over at her blog http://www.thebuttercompartment.com/ .

Basically (in her words) here are the rules:

Submit your address to leeann@thebuttercompartment.com. Receive an address. Make and send a postcard. Get a postcard... Spreading diabetes love around the globe from one mailbox to another for World Diabetes Day!

Description:
1) Send your address to leeann@thebuttercompartment.com2) Receive the address of your postcard recipient3) Use the blue circle and all the creativity you can fit on a piece of 3.5" x 5" card stock to create a postcard. Complete the short Diabetes Meme on the back. 4) Send your postcard before November 14th5) Receive a handmade postcard from someone living with diabetes!

I was so excited when I heard about this great project...I couldn't send her our names and addresses quick enough! If you know me---- you know I LOVE snail mail!

Here is the postcard that Bailey created for his buddy. His postcard will be heading all the way to California!



My postcard will be making it's way to Las Vegas!



And Kaci's postcard will be traveling all the way to Indiana.



And this is the postcard I made to send to Lee Ann! Thank you for getting this HUGE project together! Thank you for helping us feel like we are not alone in the D- Battle! We appreciate YOU!!!


No comments: