My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Beer Butt thinks Safety First!

Not sure what made me decide to try and cook a Beer Butt Chicken on my own this week. My neighbor made one a few weeks ago-and I think I read some of my friend's post on Facebook talking about how they were giving it a try...so I guess I thought ...what the heck! I can do that!

It was pretty easy- First- Amber pulled out his neck, heart and other gross parts. Then,  I drank 1/2 of the beer, and I rubbed Big Bird down with butter and sprinkled whatever was in the seasoning drawer on him. Next, I cut up an orange and put 1/2 up his butt and 1/2 on his head (what a cute little hard hat).I sprayed the beer can with Pam (for easy removal later) - and balanced him on the grill heated to 200 degrees! I checked him every hour- or when I heard him sizzle (he got a little tipsy and fell over once or twice)  Three hours later I pulled him off the grill and he was PERFECT! Everyone loved it - easy, peasey!

No comments: