My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Him that I love, I wish to be free -- even from me."Anne Morrow Lindbergh




We decided to let the butterflies go tonight. All 5 of them survived, but only 3 wanted to leave the butterfly dome tonight. Kaci tried to get the last 2 out by getting them to climb on the flower stems, but they didn't want to come out. Kaci said it was one of three reasons why they didn't go:
1. It was getting too dark for them
2. They think the dome is their home and they didn't want to leave
3. They weren't sure where the door was.
All very good ideas! So, we will try again tomorrow. It really has been fun to watch them grow over the last few weeks. We learned that the full life cycle of a butterfly once they hatch is only 2-4 weeks. We want them to be able to enjoy the beautiful outdoors in the small amount of time they have left to live.

No comments: