My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Monday, May 9, 2011

DBlog Day 1: Admiring our differences

This year I have decided to take part in the 2nd Annual Diabetes Blog Week. It was created by Karen Graffeo at www.bittersweetdiabetes.com . The idea is- each day everyone who joins writes about a predetermined topic that has to do with diabetes. Day 1's topic is, " Admiring Our Differences." Today we should write about the many different perspectives in the DOC (Diabetic Online Community)

Well, I have just recently ventured out and started reading some of the blogs in the DOC. I must say it is refreshing to read about other families like ours. Families who live by numbers. Families who live by highs and lows- and never leave home without a bag of medical supplies and snacks. Families who know that Type 1 Diabetes is so much more than most of the world understands! It is unpredictable - the part I hate about it the most.

I enjoy reading about children (like my daughter) who are young, brave and heroic. Who are tough in spirit, body and mind! I also enjoy reading the blogs of the children who have grown up and are now adults dealing with this disease. I love reading about how it has shaped them into the adults they are- but does not define them. They are not just diabetics- but more importantly- they are mothers, fathers, doctors, teachers, speakers, husbands, wives, college graduates, etc.

I love this world of BLOGGING!

No comments: