My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you make look back and realize they were the big things.” ~Robert Brault

Over the last few weeks at Kaci and Bailey's school - the art teachers have been working hard to get each child's artwork on display in the hallways before the Community Fest. I love this time of year. It is really fun to walk to halls and see all of the creative pieces hanging everywhere you look! So much talent!



Over the last few days we have looked and looked and LOOKED for Kaci and Bailey's artwork and have not been able to find it. Every morning- Bailey insists that we look some more!

Finally, I decided to email the art teacher, Mrs. Wing, to ask her if - in fact- each child's artwork was displayed. I wanted her to know that I was not upset if Kaci and Bailey's artwork was not displayed (as there are over 800 students in the school) I just wanted to know if we could stop looking! LOL!

How sweet was she to not only email me back stating that, " EVERYONE is in the show!" but to include these pictures of Kaci and Bailey's artwork- in case they were taken down before I could get up to the school to see them for myself!? AMAZING!


Their art is displayed in the glass cases near the cafeteria- and we had never made it down that far to look. I just love them both! The chocolate cupcake is so precious and looks good enough to eat. Kaci's Japanese branches are beautiful too! I would love to see them behind black frames in our hallway here at home.


I believe life is in the details. Small gestures can often mean so much more than one grand display of love. Simple pleasures throughout the day can be far more gratifying that one amazing weekend....so Mrs. Wing....Thank you!



Thank you for taking the time to take these pictures and email them to me at home. Sometimes it is the little things that really mean the most.


No comments: