My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

No looking back!


So- it is that time of year again. Time to wrap up 2009 with a big bow and kiss it goodbye. The kids are back at school today- and unlike all the other mommy's that are doing cartwheels about it- I am at home, sad! I hate the quiet house and I miss them. I can't wait for 2:30 to get here! Clint is home sick- yes...that is right.....SICK! This was supposed to be a different kind of year! UGH! It is still early...still time for things to turn around I suppose.

Looking back on the year....it was a BIG one!

Kaci finished first grade and started second. She is going to a new school and has meet back up with many of her friends from Kindergarten. She is in TAG math and will likely be in TAG for reading next year as well. She has continued with her Girl Scout troop and that keeps her ties to some of her friends from her old school. She has lost 2 more teeth, grown quite a bit taller and is sporting a new shorter haircut! She still loves her hair bows, kisses and hugs goodbye, and anything sweet to eat! She turned 8 in November and had her first sleepover party! She was Hannah Montana for Halloween- and really rocked the wig! She is handling diabetes better than I could have ever imagined. She has made lots of new friends and is the most kind-hearted little girl I have ever met.

Bailey finished up pre-school at Grace Episcopal and started Kindergarten. He LOVES it! He lost 2 teeth and is working on another as we speak! He is a math and reading wizard. He loves Tom and Jerry, video games and the computer. He joined a tball team this year, The Sidewinders, and had a great season! He is still the funniest boy I know and is the spitting image of his Daddy! This year he learned how to buckle his own seat belt in the car and can get himself dressed lickety split! His favorite foods are still pizza and chicken nuggets and he will do anything for a Happy meal at McDonalds! He celebrated his 5th birthday party this year at Pump It up and is looking forward to his 6th birthday at Pump It Up again! He was Mario for Halloween! It was priceless!

I enjoyed working (for a while) at Grace Pre-school as well. I had my own class of 4 year olds and it was nice to be in the teacher roll again. Planned to go back when the summer was over, but it didn't work out this year. Hopefully I can return next year if that is God's plan. Stunned in July by Kaci's short hospital stay- lost about 25 pounds- but learned (with lots of help and support) that Kaci would be Ok and that I needed to be Ok too! Enjoyed our summer vacation to the beach- once with Clint and once with Amber,Mark, Mom and Dad! Celebrated my 11th anniversary with Clint!- Continued to sell Scentsy, Avon and Greeting Cakes.....and became a great advocate for JDRF!

Clint continues to work harder than anyone I know! He is up early and up late and works all hours in between. He had a slight health scare this year- but it turned out to be nothing (Thank God!) He has enjoyed a season of good UT football and Colt McCoy- and even being sick....he is STILL is boarding a plane headed for the big bowl game! I finally got him onto the world of Facebook and I think he enjoys it. He has become and expert chef in Cafe World and very rarely lets his food spoil! He is my best friend and the only person I would want to share this crazy journey, called LIFE - with! I love him forever and always!

So- what do I hope for the New Year? Peace, Health and Happiness! All the stuff my mom used to wish for when we were kids when we would ask her what she wished for. She would always give this answer and we would say...."OH MOM, but REALLY what do you WISH for?" After this year....I get it! :)



No comments: