My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"My lonely days are over, and life is like a song"







My dad got to be home with Kaci and Bailey yesterday as Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States. Here is what he wrote about it:

Inaugural 2009 - Barack Obama, Kaci, Bailey and Pa-Pa

Today, Kaci and Bailey were sick and stayed home from school, but this day gave us an opportunity to witnessed history together . . . . by watching the inauguration of President Barack Obama. For Bailey, the attention span was short, yet he noted the tremendous crowd on the TV screen by saying, " Wow look how many people." He then proudly told Kaci and me . . ." I voted for Obama" and raising both arms in the air, shouted, "And he WON!" and making that happy face that only Bailey can.

Kaci being a realist, commented, "Bailey, you couldn't vote." But you see Bailey did vote at his pre-school and for him, his vote counted.

Kaci's interest in the inaugural was inspiring. She and I watched the entire inaugural event. A wonderful memory for me . . . . . . as I shared with her that this was an historic occasion, one that she would remember, telling her that at the previous inaugural, she was only three years old. Together, Kaci and I sat arm and arm on the circular chair, she being cold, and with a slight fever was covered with her father's coat, her mother was off teaching church
pre-school, making a difference with the current generation as the president requested. And I as a grandfather was enjoying my grandchildren's companionship - sharing history.

The highlight of the day was the oath of office, Together Kaci and I listened to every word, knowing that at the end . . . . we would have a new president, and she knew that he would be the 44th president. My hope for Bailey and Kaci is that this president would make a better world for them, that their life would be one of great hope, joy and opportunities, and that they would have the freedom to have their dreams come true.

Then when the President's speech was over, Kaci and I clapped our hands with joy, Bailey sensing that we were at a happy ending, joined us, as all three of us raised our arms over our heads and clapped for President Barack Obama. You can never know what the future holds, but I know that some day Kaci and Bailey will be great contributors to this world and even better young people, i.e. Kaci a doctor, perhaps Bailey a lawyer and both great parents of the next generation . . . . . children need to see and be exposed to greatness so that they too can build a dream and then they can have Barack's song be theirs . . . . At Last my day (love) has come along, My lonely days are over And life is like a song, Ohh Yeah yeah, At Last, The skies above are blue and we have a president that will make dreams come true. ---- John Felchak

1 comment:

the mcgovern's said...

that is the sweetest story ever!!!