My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Monday, November 29, 2010

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"

We have never had a Christmas tree that had beautiful matching ornaments- Our tree has never looked like the ones you see in the middle of the mall, or at a fancy hotel. Our tree has always had mismatched ornaments. A few of Clint's, a few of mine, a few that were given to us.

When the kids came along- we added a few with their pictures, a few made of paper, and even a couple made out of dixie cups and toilet paper rolls! Our tree is also adorned with lots of cartoon characters; My Little pony, Dora, Boots, Diego, Elmo, and the list goes on and on.....

Every year- the kids get to pick out their own new ornament. My plan is - that one day when they get married, or move out- they will take all of their ornaments with them for their tree. I think that might be harder than I thought.

Our tree has always had character- it is very unique. I wouldn't have it any other way! Here are a few of my favorite ornaments.

We bought this ornament in 2009-
the proceeds from Roxy Reindeer went to the JDRF Foundation.
I have had this ornament for many years. I will never forget that when I was younger- we went to KMart and bought a demo tree. It was covered in little wooden people and lights. We got to undecorate the tree in the store before we took it home AND we got to keep all the ornaments and lights. I am not sure how I ended up with this ornament or what happened to all of the others. Bailey has this one on the tree in his room this year. It is one of his favorites too!

Kaci got this ballerina from her Grandma last year.

This WAS Clint's ornament- but Bailey has now claimed it as his own!

Kaci received this ornament last year at her friend's Christmas brunch
and ornament exchange party!

Bailey made this ornament when he went to Grace Preschool - for the Jesse tree!

This was Kaci's souvenir after we saw ICE in Dallas- Who doesn't love Cindy Lou Who!?

Kaci and Bailey bought this UT ornament for Clint last year.

The next 2 ornaments are truly my favorite. They are angels made from Bailey and Kaci's feet and hands. We made these when I had my in home daycare.
They are made of foam and paper bags.

Here is Kaci's angel!

I won this one at a Bunco/Ornament
exchange party several years ago.
I love to shake it like a kid!

Here is Bailey's souvenir after ICE in Dallas last year!
The Grinch and his poor dog, Max!
Merry Christmas everyone! I am sure I will be posting more ornament pics later- This was a really fun post for me!


No comments: