My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 3 of D blogging



Click for the One Thing to Improve - Wednesday 5/16 Link List.
Yesterday we gave ourselves and our loved ones a big pat on the back for one thing we are great at. Today let’s look at the flip-side. We probably all have one thing we could try to do better. Why not make today the day we start working on it. No judgments, no scolding, just sharing one small thing we can improve so the DOC can cheer us on!
The one thing I need to improve on is how upset I can get at the high (or low) numbers that show up on the meter.
There are many days I feel guilty.

Every blood sugar reading that is not within “Target Range” is like an arrow to the heart.
I feel responsible for every HIGH and every LOW.

In my mind – I know that diabetes is responsible for all of the numbers- but in my heart- I see it as a reflection of my failure.

It is incredible the amount of guilt I can feel after the final count down of
5, 4, 3, 2, 1 BEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPP~~331
Or 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP ~~49
Kaci’s dr described it the best when I told her how upset I can get when I see these high (or low) readings on Kaci’s meter.
She said ....
Remember....there are going to be thousands even millions of blood glucose readings in Kaci’s life. There are going to be highs, lows and “goods!” But each number is just ONE- one of MILLIONS in her lifetime.
Sometimes you can’t see the forest for the trees.
Damn trees!



No comments: