My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day 2012!

"Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone

36 Reasons Why I Love My Mom-
(one for each year of my life!)
1. She's still (happily) married to my Dad.
2. She always made me feel smart enough, and good enough.
3. She always let me cut my hair- however I wanted- even if it was ugly! lol (this goes for picking our my own glasses too!)
4. She always listened to my stories- even the long ones....and she still does.
5. She was always there for me and Amber when we needed her.
6. She loves me unconditionally.
7. She encouraged me to go to college.
8. She taught me that yard work isn't just for men.
9. She taught me how to stand up for myself!
10. She is a great cook.
11. She was a taxi driver for me when I was a kid always taking me where I needed to be.
12. She always stood up for me.
13.  She let me be me!
14. She taught me that some people aren't worth crying over.
15. She's wild and crazy!
16. She loves Kaci and Bailey as much as I do (and that is A LOT!)
17. She took care of me and my sister when my dad had to work out of state.
18. She helps me fix the mistakes I make.
19. She treated my friends like family.
20. She is always there for me when I need her the most- even if I call in the middle of the night.
21. She taught me how to gamble!
22. She was always a cool mom!
23. She would write notes to my PE coach on swim week - so that I wouldn't have to participate! (I hated swim week)
24. She is funny!
25. She always took us shopping when dad was out of town on business - after we went out to eat.
26. She listened to me cry- ALOT- when Kaci was diagnosed with Diabetes.
27. She has listened to me cry - ALOT- over the last couple of months.
28. She tells me to say no when I want to say no.
29. She treats me to a nice gift on Mother's Day.
30. She taught me how to play BINGO!
31. She taught me that wanting "Peace and Love" as her Christmas gift wasn't so crazy after all. The older I get - that is what I want more than gifts too!
32. She let me get contacts when my glasses were as thick as coke bottles.
33. She and my Dad helped me and Clint pay for my Lasik eye surgery.
34. She never forgets any one's birthday or anniversary- everything is written on her calendar.
35. She always treated me and Amber the same!
36. She is someone I can't live without!

No comments: