My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tonight was meet the teacher at Bailey's new school! He is over the moon for it!

Mrs. Heather will be his new teacher and he was so happy to finally meet her. There are 6 other kids in his class and he will be there 3 days a week; Tuesday through Thursday!

When we walked in Mrs. Heather asked him if he could find his name at the table. Boy was she shocked when he found it and then proceded to read everything around the room. Wouldn't I love to say I taught him how to read....but I think he taught himself. He has been reading now since he was 3 and can read almost anything you put in front of him. It is quite amusing to see someone so small read the words he does!

He already got his first homework assignment and could not wait to get home and complete it. He had to put 5 things in a bag that are important to him. He choose his speed racer car, his sticky ball, itty bitty brown bear, his Tow Mater car and his game pen. Clint asked if he would like to include a picture of us, Reagan or his new cat, Patches...but he said no his toys were fine!

He is so full of enthusiasm and is so ready to learn and make new friends! I know this is going to be so good for him. I feel very fortunate to have a spot at this school. We were called off the wait list a few weeks ago...just in time to start the new school year off! What a blessing! Everyone was so warm and friendly tonight and it is a place I am proud to say we are a part of now!

No comments: