My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Thursday, August 14, 2008

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." Abraham Joshua Heschel







Today is my dad's birthday! Perhaps the "kindest" man you will ever meet. Dad or Daddy to me and my sister and Pa Pa to Kaci and Bailey. BUT unlike my quote ...I don't just admire him for his kindness, he is intelligent too!


Always there when anyone needs him. The breadwinner of our family and the sole provider for many years. -even moving out of state to provide for us when we were younger. My dad posesses patience and self control. He is a man of faith and family. My dad believes in integrity, honesty, and helping others.


When I asked Kaci and Bailey why they loved their PaPa this is what they had to say:


Bailey said, "I love Pa Pa because he knows when I need to go potty." See...this shows how good my dad is at helping others! ha


Kaci said, "I love Papa becuase he is nice, he takes care of me and Bailey and he buys us stuff." This shows my Dad is kind (he is nice), patient (taking care of them) and a provider (buying them stuff!) ha


Tonight we will celebrate my Dad's birthday at Olive Garden! I can't wait for the all you can eat breadsticks and salad. Then we will finish it off with a slumber party at his house. Me, my sister and the kids are all going to stay the night. I wonder when the last time my dad had a slumber party for his birthday - or if he has EVER had one? I will have to ask him tonight.
Happy Birthday, Dad!

No comments: