My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." Frank Lloyd Wright





This is how Kaci and Bailey spent most of the afternoon today! We bought a butterfly kit at Target a few months ago (Kaci has been begging me to order the one on the TV infomercial) So, when I saw them on sale at Target, I scooped one up!
We sent off for our baby caterpillars a few weeks ago and they arrived today! The mail lady brought them to our door and was so relieved to see that we were home on her second try. She said that she had had them in her cooler to make sure they didn't get too hot and die! What a sweetie!
We got five caterpillars and all seem to be doing well. At first they weren't moving and I was a little nervous, but once they "warmed up" from being out of the cooler they are really crawling around. Directions say they will be this way from 7-10 days until they start to make their chrysalis. Then 7-10 days after that they will be beautiful butterflies ( I think) I will have to check the directions again! Not sure how long we get to keep them once they are butterflies, but I do know they will turn into Painted Ladies!
I can't wait to see them....almost as much as Kaci and Bailey.

No comments: