My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Friday, April 16, 2010

Elgin Christmas Tree Farm!

Today was Bailey's class field trip to the Elgin Christmas Tree Farm! I know that sounds a little strange in April, but they have lots to see and do other than just Christmas trees. I must admit- I was not really "feeling it" that morning as it has rained buckets the night before and showed signs of raining again today- but it ended up being nice after all. It was a little cool and a little muddy- but with a light jacket and some tennis shoes, we made it through the day just fine. First thing the kiddos got to do was make a flower out of clay, yarn, a pencil and some pipe cleaners! What an invention- but none the less, taught them all the parts of the flower!~

Then they got to accomplish finding their way through a really cool maze! Look at Bailey rounding the corner! Go Bailey, Go!

The duckie races were certainly a hit! Bailey was very into it as you can see by the determined look on his face!

Next, the kids got to plant their very own seeds! I sure hope they sprout soon!

Bailey liked seeing all the animals on the farm; goats, chickens, horses...but most of all he liked this cute little bunny! After the trip- Bailey got to ride home with me. We stopped off at Meyers to pick up dinner and a little ice cream. It was nice to spend the day with my little man!

No comments: