My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Friday, April 23, 2010

Farque's Flamingos!

Field Day is coming up in May and each class has to have their own class flag! The theme this year is "Jungle" - So Bailey's class came up with the name "Farque's Flamingos" Mrs. Farque sent out an email earlier in the week asking if one of the parents would be interested in making the class flag! Well- anyone who knows me, knows I love art- and creating- so I immediately volunteered! I thought I would be able to draw or use construction paper and was a bit nervous to find out that I would have to use material and paint! (I have never drawn a flamingo either)


Well, thankfully I had all the paint and materials I would need in the Art Box Kaci and I have at home....so I started right away! I looked up a picture of flamingos on the Internet and then drew one free hand on a piece of computer paper. The material was see-through.....so then I could just trace it on the square ....and even turned one around to face the other way!



Painting it turned out to be a lot of fun! I really like the way it turned out...Although Bailey said it shouldn't have had the orange on it.

Here is the finished project all outlined in black. Kaci said she liked it better before I outlined it. Maybe she is right, but too late now! ha You can't please everyone, huh? Bailey was so excited to take it to school to show his friends and they were super sweet and made me thank you card that they all signed!


No comments: