My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Friday, April 30, 2010

When I think about everything wrong, I remember how amazing life truly is and the fact that I like being imperfect!

BAD DAY! D; Pictures, Images and Photos
So - this has not been the best week for me...and I can't really put my finger on just why. No one was sick, no one was grumpy (other than me) ! The weather was nice for the most part....and it was even payday on Friday- but for some reason....ever since that crazy Dizzy Mummy game...I have been a little out of whack! I did have a terrible migraine on Tuesday night that had me throwing up in the middle of the night....and it stuck around (in milder form) until Thursday afternoon.

Well - today was Kaci's field trip- and I will be honest....I was not feeling it! UGH! It was very overcast and cloudy with a slight chance of rain. So, of course, you know what that means.....the field trip is outdoors! ha All 10 of the 2nd grade classes were walking to the park for lunch and to play organized games that several of the moms had set up. As I was waiting for Kaci's class to come out- I started talking to one of the other moms that was waiting. We struck up a conversation about hair bows....as her daughter is a proud "bow head", just like Kaci. She was sweet, easy going and funny- and wanted to go on the field trip almost as much as me :)

friendship Pictures, Images and Photos

Before long, the kids arrived and we were on our way. Not even half way there.....the rain began to fall. Just a sprinkle at first but before we got all the way there...my hair was soaking wet! The teachers made the decision to stay - while I bribed Kaci with a trip to McDonalds if we could please just go! She agreed ...and I was thrilled. The walk back was even wetter- but we had the company of our new friends....the mom I had met up at school and her daughter!

Happy Meals Pictures, Images and Photos
We checked Bailey out and headed to McDonalds. We didn't catch him before he had eaten lunch, but he enjoyed an ice cream cone (as did Kaci after her Happy Meal) I enjoyed getting to know my new friend and Kaci and Bailey enjoyed theirs.


By the end of the afternoon- I no longer felt grumpy! I felt grateful and happy! Sometimes you meet the right people at the right time - And the things they say or do can affect you in ways greater than they may ever know. So- here is to my new friend. Thank you for spending the day with me and my kiddos! We had a blast! I am humbled by your outlook on life, your humor and your grace. Thank you!

No comments: