My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Freedom is never free." Author Unknown



Today is a special day.... Veteran's Day!

Kaci's school invited all veterans and current military family members to join their student(s) for lunch today in their cafeteria. So PaPa (who served in Vietnam) and I- went to have lunch with her. I didn't take photo of them at school (can you believe I forgot?) But I have included a cute pic of them together from the UT game. I have also included a picture of my Grandfather, John Joseph Felchak Sr. who served in World War 1. Please read the poem below as well.













The American Hero
by Roger Robicheau


The American Hero always comes through

To capture our hearts with a spirit so true
Some proudly are soldiers who march in harm’s way

Insuring our freedom, courageous they stay
While others come forth as civilians so brave

Determined in purpose, so steadfast to save
We should always keep clear a place in our heart

For each has a value beyond precious art
Their duty to country will not be surpassed

Please honor their courage, for some it’s their last
We live in a world which can be hard to bear

Thank God for these people, how greatly they care
Do ponder new heroes and what they will face

And pray for their safety no matter their place
Our heritage brings out the best, we all know

Our great book of heroes is destined to grow.

No comments: