My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference."

Here is my post from August 3rd, 2009-
Just about a week after Kaci was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes, I made the following entry to the blog. I am reposting it today because we recently ordered a "Ladybug Land" from Insectlore.com. We have ordered and grown butterflies in the past- but Kaci and I were both so excited when we saw that they also offered ladybugs for us to grow in our own home. I will post pics of the Ladybug Land soon- for now, enjoy this blog entry one more time!************************************************************************************


ORIGINAL POST: August 3, 2009
Many cultures view ladybugs as lucky, and a lot of superstition surrounds these small and stylishly outfitted insects. It is actually difficult to determine why ladybugs came to be viewed as lucky. However, one interesting thing about ladybug superstitions is that these superstitions are very universal. The most likely explanation for the general view that ladybugs are lucky is their dietary habits. Ladybugs eat harmful crop pests , so the appearance of ladybugs would have been welcomed by farmers and gardeners.The night before I took Kaci to the doctor my Avon order came in. She had ordered a small ladybug necklace and we immediately put in on. She wore it until bedtime and then we put it on the next morning before we headed to the Dr. After arriving and having her blood work done- we were immediately sent to Dells Children's Hospital. All I could think of was that stupid ladybug necklace. After being admitted and spending a good portion of the day in the ER - we were moved to the floor. It wasn't until later that night that Kaci asked me to take off her ladybug necklace. "It didn't bring me very much luck, Mommy" she said. How could I reply to that? She was right. I hated that necklace and I hated that she had put it on that morning. I didn't feel very lucky either.



We have been home now for 3 days. Tonight we filled up the pools in the backyard and even filled up one for Chelsea. I am not sure who had more fun- the kids or the puppy.Right before we went inside, Kaci found a ladybug on the under side of their table umbrella! She was so excited.

"Look Mommy," she said " A LADYBUG! I am so lucky!"We were home. She was playing in the backyard with her brother and her new puppy.Her dad and I were both with there. She has a safe home, a family that loves her. She is smart, beautiful and funny. She is not sick. She is lucky!
Thank you ladybug!


1 comment:

meghant said...

Enjoy the ladybugs! They were so much fun for us to watch.