My babies!

My babies!
Catch up on our families daily adventures, learn more about our dreams and experience life with diabetes through our eyes! Grab a cup of something warm and read on to learn more about my Random Thoughts....

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Getting Ready for January 14th....



Oh man! Can you see my tear drop about 3/4 of the way down? ACK!
If you have old eyes like me it may be hard for you to read....
Again- here is what Kaci wrote:
"Hi! My name is Kaci Borchgardt. I am 9 years old and in Mrs. Peterson`s 3rd grade class. You may have seen me around.

I was diagnosed with diabetes when I was 7 (the summer before I started 2nd grade) I was drinking a lot of water, going to the bathroom a lot and I was tired all of the time. I also lost a lot of weight. I had to go to the hospital and that is when I found out I had diabetes. My Uncle also has diabetes. He helps me feel better about having it. He has had it for 27 years.

Now I have to check my bloodsugar with a finger prick before I eat. Each year I have to prick my finger about 2, 190 times. I also have to take a shot with insulin in it after I eat. Each year I have to take about 1, 825 shots. Can you imagine that?? Yeah it hurts. Sometimes I wish it would just "poof" disappear. Some of the reasons why I don't want diabetes is because the shots and pricks hurt and I can't have sweets as much as I used to- unless my blood sugar is low.

If I don't check my blood sugar or take my shots the side affects are blindness, heart disease, liver failure and even amputation.I volunteer to help raise money every year. I hope that you will too!! All the money you, and others raise, will go to the doctors and scientists so they can buy supplies to find a cure."


No comments: